What is the Community Advisory Committee?
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is an advisory group which focuses on SELPA-wide special education issues. It is an opportunity for volunteers from the school districts to provide input to the SELPA Local Plan.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advise the SELPA regarding the development, amendment and review of the Local Plan
- Make recommendations on annual priorities to be addressed under the Local Plan
- Encourage parent and community involvement in the development, implementation and review of the Local Plan
- Assist in parent education
- Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs