A Message From The Principal
August 6, 2020
Dear Powell Parents and Students,
We would like to welcome you back to the new 2020-2021 school year! First and foremost, we hope that this communication finds you and your family healthy and safe. We have missed all of our Powell Panthers and are excited about another year of learning and growing together. We also want to assure you that we have been thinking about our approach to Distance Learning and brainstorming ways that we can support both students and parents. As we begin this year in Distance Learning, we have some information to share with you.
- First Day of School is Thursday, August 20th and it will be minimum day schedule
- Both Thursday, 8/20 and Friday, 8/21 will follow the Monday Distance Learning Schedule
- The District Office has sent out information regarding Registration/Data Confirmation.
- Registration/Data Confirmation is now open. You must register online via the district website prior to the first day of school in order to receive your student’s classroom assignment:
- All contact information must be up to date - address, email, phone, & emergency contacts.
- Reminder to fill out the Free and Reduced lunch form. It can be completed online at https://azusa.rocketscanapps.com/Default.aspx
- Reminder to new incoming students, please upload immunizations from your doctor and email it to: Powellhealth@azusa.org
- Other required documents for new students enrolling at Powell (birth certificate and proof of address) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentatively we will hold a textbook and materials drive-thru pick-up once school starts. 2019-2020 Yearbooks will also be distributed to families who ordered them at that time. More information regarding procedures and schedule to follow.
Teachers will be reaching out to students regarding logging in on the first day of school. Your student’s teacher will contact you with log-in information between August 17-19th.
Additionally, I will be hosting a Virtual Coffee with the Principal to review important information regarding this school year. Please join me on Thursday, August 13th at 9:00am by following this link: meet.google.com/hcg-tcov-nuh
Join by phone: (US) +1 601-568-3027 PIN: 818 300 781#
TK/Kinder parents, please join us for this important meeting.
TK/Kinder orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 18 at 2:00pm. Join us by following this link: meet.google.com/quc-nuwh-sra
Join by phone: (US) +1 417-719-7659 PIN: 484 403 546#
Preschool Parents, see below for dates and times for preschool orientation.
Early Childhood Education Orientation (2 sessions available)
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 from 9:00 to 10:00
Join by phone: (US) +1 678-801-8077 PIN: 790 726 687#
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 from 12:00 to 1:00
Join by phone: (US) +1 732-629-8185 PIN: 933 962 652#
At the moment, due to COVID-19 social distancing parameters, a date for student pictures has not been set. More information on this will be shared once it becomes available.
Back to School Night is scheduled for September 10, 2020. It will be conducted virtually; more information to follow. NOTE: If you do not have a computing device or access to the Internet, please call the tech hotline: 626-804-1970 to set up an appointment.
Although we are living in unusual times, our commitment to our students and our school community has not changed. We can do this TOGETHER! See you soon! (virtually)
Jenni Wiebe, principal
Powell School of the Arts