About Magnolia Elementary
Magnolia’s vision focuses on guiding students toward academic success and a commitment to support self-directed, life-long learners as they grow into resourceful and productive citizens.
Students enjoy the Accelerated Reader program and are encouraged and rewarded for improving reading comprehension. All students benefit from a computer lab with state of the art technology. We deliver high quality instruction to all students with a focus on reading/language and math support in transitional kindergarten through grade five. Students are guided by specific rules and classroom expectations that promote respect, cooperation, courtesy and acceptance of others.
The school’s PBIS discipline philosophy promotes a safe, warm, friendly environment; and demonstrates that good discipline is a solid foundation on which to build an effective school environment. Our discipline plan is student-centered, progressive, fair and consistent, leading students to assume responsibility for their behavior. There are Friday Awards Assemblies where students are honored for numerous achievements such as Student of the Month, Citizenship and Reading Achievement.
Parents are actively involved at Magnolia. Parents serve on School Site Council, Superintendents's Roundtable and the English Learner Advisory Council. Our parents help with fundraising which allows our students to enjoy exciting and educational field trips and assemblies. Monthly newsletters, parent nights and conference days provide school and district information to parents. Magnolia also has a monthly Parent Coffee which includes a variety of parent education topics.
Mission & Vision
Our vision at Magnolia is to create a community that motivates and empowers all to achieve high academic goals, promotes critical thinking and problem solving, fosters the development of responsible and respectful students, and establishes a foundation for future learning and the pursuit of personal excellence.
Our mission at Magnolia Elementary School is to:
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative environment among students, staff, families, and community members,
- Provide rich learning experiences that allow all students to thrive and achieve the rigorous demands of academic standards,
- Implement teaching practices that are reflective and responsive to the needs of our students,
- Integrate the use of technology to support instruction, learning, and acceleration,
- Create a safe and nurturing environment that promotes life-long learning, and
- Build a community where character counts