- Azusa Unified School District
AUSD Weekly Announcements
Dear AUSD Parents,
We hope you had a great spring break! Below are this week’s announcements
- Please see the attached update regarding state assessments.
- On April 15th, in partnership with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, AUSD is hosting a blood drive. The blood drive will be held at the old Adult Education Center located at 1134 Barranca Ave in Glendora from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Sign up here: https://chladonateblood.org/
- Click this link to view the April meal distribution schedule.
- Azusa families, Mental Health Promoters invite all community members of the city of Azusa to April 22nd, 2021 virtual presentation on: Anxiety Disorder at 6:00 pm. This topic is informational on the general support for families. Join by clicking the link https://meet.google.com/afb-zjds-yau.
- The next meetings of the School Reorganization team are April 14, April 21 and April 28th. The meetings begin at 5:30 PM and can be viewed via Zoom or via our YouTube channel.
- Last night, the Board of Education adopted a resolution denouncing xenophobia due to fears of the COVID-19 pandemic. The resolution states, in part, “ Azusa Unified School District believes that we have a special responsibility to understand and intentionally work to eliminate racism in our curricula, our classroom cultures, and our relationship with our students, our parents/guardians, and each other because our collective future depends on it.” Here is a link to the resolution: https://azusa.ic-board.com/attachments/eeb49fdb-cfcf-4c70-8e85-b9a425d6d8fe.pdf
We are all committed to respect, equity, and justice. We believe in teaching and modeling to our students the responsibility of every member of our society to treat all people with love and respect for our shared humanity and a deep appreciation for the diversity that enriches us. We stand in solidarity against acts of racism and inequitable treatment. We stand in solidarity with our Asian and Pacific Islander community. We are thankful to our staff for their support and solidarity.
We will continue to reinforce our commitment to the study of and appreciation for the many cultures that form our world. We will continue to engage in restorative justice practices and anti-bullying education. We are committed to creating a school culture that denounces hate and racism in all forms and that fosters inclusion and respect among students and staff.
- If you missed our Secondary Reopening Town Hall meetings they can be viewed on our YouTube channel.
The updated reopening guidebooks can be viewed on our Reopening Schools Website.